About 90% of my female clients have a common goal -- how can they get that jiggly butt?
I've worked with hundreds of women and they all want the same thing, so here's my no-nonsense program to help you get that round booty in time for the swimsuit season.
Let's get into it.
Here’s a Quick Summary of Our Key Findings:
- Our booties have three main muscle groups. Here’s the list of 10 best exercises for a jiggly butt.
- There are common mistakes and exercises which you should avoid when working on your derriere.
- You should have proper equipment when doing butt exercises.
Anatomy Of The Glutes
To get a jiggly butt, you’ll need a lot of time and the right workouts. I’ll talk about the specific exercises you can do, but first, let’s get to know your anatomy.
First things first — the basics.
Understanding your booty's different parts is essential for choosing the exercises for improving your butt's muscle tone.
There are three major muscle groups in the booty:
The Gluteus maximus is the largest of the three muscles.
The muscle slab in the butt cheeks helps the body extend the upper leg .
The best way to feel the gluteus maximus is to do a squat, move your thighs backward, and start rising slowly. If you do the exercise right, you should feel this muscle.
Gluteus medius, also known as the G-med, is the second-largest butt muscle.
It's located near the hip joint and the sides of the butt.
G-med acts as obliques that go down to the front of the trochanter's lateral surface .
Gluteus minimus, also known as the G-min, has a similar function as the G-med, which is to help the knee extend.
It's located between the anterior and inferior gluteal lines, right at the ilium's outer surface .
But please note that you can’t just do any butt exercise and expect quick results.
Before you start building a jiggly butt, you need to know which exercises and common mistakes to avoid.
Exercises To Get Jiggly Butt
And now for the main part you’ve been waiting for — let’s build that peachy butt!
Make sure you have your workout space set up before anything else (more details on this below).
No matter if you're working out at home or a gym, you want to make sure you've got enough space to extend all your limbs fully. You don't want to do a donkey kick, break a lamp, or kick a gym girlfriend trying to get her jiggly butt.
When you're sure you've got enough space, spread out your exercise mat, and your transformation can begin.
Here’s how to get a jiggly butt -- these are some of the most efficient workouts for getting that soft and round buttocks everyone will be envious of.
And don’t worry, I’ll provide all the information you need.
1. Single-Leg Glute Bridge
Here’s how to do the single-leg glute bridge properly.
- You'll need to lie on your exercise mat and make sure your back is completely flat against the floor.
- Bend your knees, place your feet at a hip distance and flat on the floor, and extend one leg towards the ceiling. To do that, push your hips upwards and squeeze your butt.
- Now, bring the leg down and repeat the process with the other leg. Be careful. You don't want to let your glutes touch the floor.
- Repeat as many times as you can.
2. Bear Plank Leg Lift
When you finish the glute bridge, turn over into the planking position.
- Your shoulders should be on top of your wrists to do the plank properly.
- When you get into the right position, lift one leg while the knee is bent to a 90-degree angle. The goal here is to bring the heel up towards the ceiling and your glutes as high as you can.
- Then, bring back the leg down, and do the same with the other one.
- Again, do as many reps as you can.
3. Heel Lifted Sumo Squat
Now stand up straight, place your feet at shoulder-width apart, and make sure your toes are pointing outwards.
- Lift one heel and do a squat. Lower your butt towards the floor but be careful with your knee. It shouldn't go past the toes.
- Repeat the process with the other heel and do as many times as you can.
4. Squat Jumps
Squat jumps are basically what the name is -- you’ll jump as you complete your squat.
- Stand up straight, place your feet at a hip distance, and keep your knees slightly bent.
- Once in the squat position, go low until your knees bend at a 90-degree angle.
- From that position, jump as high as you can, extending your legs fully.
- As you're landing back onto your feet, go into the squat position again and repeat as many times as you can.
5. Weighted Squats
For this one, you'll need heavyweights.
- Grab them in each hand and keep them at your sides. Stand with your feet at shoulder distance, make sure they're in line, and stick out your backside.
- Now move slowly downwards until your knees bend 90 degrees. You'll want to keep this position for a while to activate those glute muscles.
- Then squeeze your glutes and push your backside upwards.
- Try to do three sets of 15 reps for this one.
6. Donkey Kicks
Get on all fours and keep your hands at shoulder width and keep your knees under your hips.
- Lift one leg while relaxing your core muscles. Your foot should face the ceiling while your knees should be parallel to your body.
- Do three sets of 20 reps for both legs.
7. Butt Bridges
A simpler version of the single-leg glute bridge, but equally as efficient at building firm glutes. To get that derriere celebrities are sporting.
- lie on your back, put your hands by your side, and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Then thrust your hips up until your upper body becomes aligned with your legs. Hold the position briefly, then repeat.
8. Hip Thrusters
The weighted hip thrust is essential for building juicy butts that jiggle.
- Place an EZ bar or a heavyweight on your lap, just above the pubic area.
- Place your upper back on a bench and do an upwards hip thrust. Allow the bench to support your weight.
- Try to do 10 reps.
Lunges are the most hated but most efficient butt muscle growth exercise. An exercise program designed to provide you with the best results must include lunges with lightweight.
They'll sculpt your butt, give it that nice round shape, and make it jiggle.
- Stand up tall, shoulders back.
- Step forward, by bending your knees at 90 degrees until your back knee is parallel to the floor.
- Return to the starting position and alternate legs.
Stay in the 12–15 reps range and hold 10lbs dumbbells for extra weight.
10. Leg Push Back Machine
- Set the desired weight on the machine first and then sit down, your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your legs while manually unlocking the safety locks on the side of the seat. This is the starting position.
- Slowly breathe in and lower the platform until your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Breathing out, push the platform back by extending your legs back to the starting point.
Try to do 12 reps on this machine.
Skip These Butt Exercises
As you know, there are many butt exercises.
You can try as many as you'd like, but you should know that not all of them give the same results. Some are excellent to start with, but I wouldn't recommend sticking to them if you want to get a jiggly butt faster.
To be clear — there's nothing wrong with these exercises, but I don't recommend keeping them for too long in your workout routine.
The two I’d recommend skipping are leg press and squats.
The leg press is a great starting point for beginners. However, it won’t maximize your glute muscles as well as some other butt exercises.
There's also a misconception that doing regular squats build firm butts. Again, they're excellent for beginners, but they're not the best for booty-building.
However, some squat variations are beneficial when building a jiggly booty, but I'll mention those a bit later.
Related: Exercises To Build a Bigger Booty
Besides the common misconceptions, there are also a couple of oversights people make when building booties.
Not Doing the Right Exercises
The biggest mistake I see a lot of women make is doing isolation exercises and going overboard on gym machines.
“Forcing as much blood in your butt right after your other exercises is something that is going to help you not only expand and stretch your butt tissue but is also going to get the nutrients in your butt muscles to help them repair quickly.”
To build a jiggly butt, you should do compound weightlifting exercises, such as deadlifts and squats (not traditional, as I mentioned). These exercises activate your buttocks’ muscles and build them.
Training High Reps
Training high reps and lightweight won't give you a jiggly butt.
To get the butt cheeks of your dreams, you'll need to do the opposite.
Women believe that training high reps will burn more calories and fat, while lightweights will keep them from gaining too much muscle.
But, as I said, it doesn't work that way.
Pre-Workout Preps For a Jiggly Butt
Prep Your Gear
You’ll need to get the right fitness gear and get your workout space ready.
Nowadays, you can get sneakers in almost any shop, in any color, pattern, and price range. I'd advise you not to cheap out when it comes to your workout shoes. High-end brands are more expensive for a reason. They usually offer features that are worth every penny.
I'd recommend you choose ones with non-slip slip soles. They'll prevent unnecessary injuries during your workout.
Next, I'd also advise you to get shoes that come with a proper ventilation design. You want to keep your toes cool and dry during the workout.
A new exercise routine may be an excellent excuse to go on a shopping spree and buy tons of new clothes, but this isn’t necessary.
As long as you can move freely and are comfortable, any clothes will do.
However, if you're set on getting new clothes for working out, choose something fit, as loose clothes can get flappy and distracting.
Some exercises may require an exercise mat.
But don’t grab a towel or the first thing you see in your laundry closet. You’ll need something made from a non-slip fabric to avoid accidents.
So, the safest way to go is to get a nice and clean exercise mat from any sports store.
Read More: 10 Best Exercise Mats
To get a butt like Kim Kardashian and Beyonce, you’ll need time, and you’ll need lots of it.
You’ll need to dedicate at least 30 minutes a day to the exercises. The more time you invest into these butt workouts, the faster you’ll see the results.
If you’re super busy and can’t squeeze in a whole 30-minute exercise session, spread out the workouts throughout the day.
Do a couple of sets in the morning, a few more in the afternoon, and a couple more in the evening.
Pro Tips For Your Butt Workout
Workouts are great, but they won’t work unless you have a good diet plan, so here are a couple of diet tips.
- Build Muscles with Protein and Carbs — A protein diet enriched with carbs is crucial for building muscle. A protein shake is a good option.
- Maximize Muscle Growth with the Right Carbohydrates — replace processed carbs and fats with healthier options like sweet potatoes, brown rice, and fish.
- Take Multivitamin and Magnesium — You must take a multivitamin and magnesium to help your muscles relax at night.
Ready To Get a Jiggly Butt?
The right workouts, a diet plan rich in proteins, carbohydrates, fat, determination, and time are the perfect formula for the ideal body with the jiggliest round butt.
Just don't give up, give it some time, and you'll be the girl with the peachiest butt on the beach!
HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Join the discussion here on Facebook.